Every company is susceptible to a crisis, but failing to prepare for one can dramatically exacerbate its effects. It is important to create a plan of action to combat any issues that may come up. Here are a few techniques that are bound to help in crisis management and prevention in the future:
- Build a crisis management team
- Know your team and their individual strengths and where they can optimally serve
- Engage the team in crisis training and how to deal with a situation using discretion when needed
- Develop a technique to accept statements and complaints that are issued
- Encourage your employees to be open and empower them
- Learn to adapt if needed. At times policies and plans may not be the appropriate action in a given crisis/event. The team should adapt to the situation and figure out how to resolve it.
- Devise a post-crisis evaluation system to assess the situation and people involved and see what was learned from the issue. Check what was correctly done and vice versa.
For more information on crisis management, contact us.